ML Traffic Engineers deals with between 30 and 40 sites a month nationally. Assessment characteristics depends largely on land use. Typically,
- Food and drinks premises (bars, cafes, restaurants, taverns) with defined patronage limit - parking short-fall requiring parking surveys and justification of ability of on-street and public off-street car parking being able to accommodate the demand.
- Child care centres, tuition schools, dance studios. Access and car parking layout, drop-off / pick-up related parking short-fall and associated impacts onto nearby streets. Depending on location, intersection traffic impact assessment may be needed.
- Mixed-use developments comprising retail and office on the lower levels and apartments on the upper levels, and basement parking. Access, car parking and site servicing layout review and optimisation and intersection traffic impact assessment.
- Medical centres, allied health centres. Access and car parking layout, drop-off / pick-up related parking short-fall and associated impacts onto nearby streets.
- Gymnasiums and personal training studios. Adequacy of car parking provision.